Can You Use Horse Manure As Fertilizer?
Answer: Horse manure should not be used directly as fertilizer without fermentation. Reasons: 1, horse manure contains a large number of eggs and germs, if not directly used after fermentation, will spread diseases and insect pests. 2. After the horse manure is applied to the soil, once the fermentation conditions are reached, it will begin to ferment, emitting a lot of heat, causing the plant to burn roots. 3. In the process of decomposition and fermentation, horse manure will produce harmful gases such as methane and ammonia, causing damage to the root system of crops.
First, can you use horse manure as fertilizer?
Horse manure should not be used directly as fertilizer if it is not composted with a horse manure compost system.
1, horse manure contains E. coli, nematode and other pests and germs, if not directly used through decomposition fermentation, will spread pests and diseases, resulting in crop damage.
2, untended fermentation of horse manure in the soil, once the soil temperature rises, to reach the fermentation conditions, horse manure will begin to ferment, emitting a lot of heat, resulting in plant burning roots.
3. In the process of decomposition and fermentation, horse manure will produce harmful gases such as methane and ammonia, which will cause damage to the root system of crops, and when it is serious, it will also produce ethylene to inhibit the root growth of plants.
4. Most of the nutrients of unspyrosted and fermented horse manure are organic or slow-acting, which cannot be directly absorbed and utilized by crops, and the fertilizer efficiency is relatively slow.
Second, how to make horse manure fertilizer?
1. The carbon-nitrogen ratio of fermentation fertilizer should be adjusted to 25-35:1, and ph should be maintained between 6-8. Among them, the carbon-nitrogen ratio of horse manure is 12.7, the carbon-nitrogen ratio of wheat straw is 97, and if the carbon-nitrogen ratio is adjusted according to 30, the ratio of horse manure to wheat straw is 4:1.
2. After mixing wheat straw and horse manure in proportion, add 2kg of diluted biological fertilizer fermentation liquid per cubic meter of mixed material, of which the biological fertilizer fermentation liquid should be diluted by adding water to dilute 50-100 times when using it.
3, before composting horse manure, adjust the moisture of the material pile to about 60-65% (grasp a handful of mixed materials with your hands, finger seams to see water, but the water does not drip, when you let go, the mixed materials can be scattered on the ground). You can use a compost dryer machine to dewater your horse manure.
4. Composting horse poop. The height of the stack is about 1.5m, the width is about 2m, and the length is more than 2-4m, and then the mixed material is stirred evenly and ventilated.
5. After 48 hours of fermentation, the temperature of the mixed material pile rises to 50-60 °C, and the third day can reach more than 65 °C. At this time, the material pile is turned over once. In the subsequent fermentation process, when the temperature of the mixed material pile rises to more than 65 ° C, continue to turn and cool down (generally 2-3 times to complete the fermentation). Then, you can make horse manure fertilizer.